Our family's adventure fostering rescue pups until they find their "furever" homes and info and links to other fabulous furry friends looking for their homes. If you are looking for a new family member, check back often!

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Contemplating..

So, I am contemplating taking another foster in. I'd love to be one of those families with 5 rescues in their home, waiting for their forever home at any given time - but I can't do that obviously. I do think we could manage another rather nicely, though. The problem is financial, in all honesty. That sort of makes me mad, because we are in a living situation where we can do so much more than we are. Big house, lots of hands to help and love. Good natured dogs in the home, willing to accept others into the pack. People always home, big fenced in back yard. The question is literally figuring out how much dog food, treats and flea control we can afford to buy per month. I cannot tell you how frustrated I am that how much help I can provide is determined by how much I can afford to spend. Our financial ends never meet- and not for a lack of trying. Money tying our hands is not a new concept - and neither is the frustration associated with it.

Is there such a thing as a sponsor for foster families? I wish my wallet wasn't able to limit what my heart and willingness to help are capable of.

1 comment:

  1. That is a good idea. Sponsor a foster family. I always hear "Oh I couldn't foster, it would break my heart". This would be a great way to help those that are willing to get their heart broken a little for the happiness of a deserving animal.

    ReplyDelete